The Erickson's

The Erickson's

Sunday, November 20, 2011

11/20/2011......

It's 11:00pm at night and I have to write a blog before I go to bed. Wow, life has been absolutely crazy! Tomorrow is my last day of classes before Thanksgiving break and it is very much needed. Here's a little catch up on my life

Sponsor Me Slim
Things are going better than ever! There are hundreds of people on the program and changing their lives for the better. It's been a real treat to watch these people change their lives and make a change in their health. We have donated hundreds of meals for the children and I still get choked up thinking that kids lives are being saved because of this wonderful program. I'm very thankful for Kenton Worthington and Peter Lavery for thinking it up and bringing me on board. There is so much to catch you up on, I don't even know where to start. We have spread from Centerville, Utah to Lehi, Utah and now we are holding awareness evenings in Provo, Utah at the Wells Fargo building. Every Wednesday night at 7:00pm you can come and learn how to slim down and hear testimonials from our current clients. Another update for you all, we are now working in three gyms with Sponsor Me Slim and have had amazing success this last week. Yesterday we held interviews for our first 10 to compete in the Sponsor Me Slim competition. These lucky ten people will receive a free month's membership at the gym, free personal training for the month and the winner gets some pretty great prizes. The person who loses the most amount of weight in the first month will win a free nutrition program for the following month and a free trip to Thailand where they can stay for 10 days in our private weight loss resort. We have chosen our contestants for this competition and it will start tomorrow! I'll keep you updated on their progress

School
This isn't really a subject that I want to talk about right now. I'm going back and forth of whether or not I want to continue school this next semester. Things are going very well with work and school seems like more of a distraction than anything else. The only thing holding me in there are two things. First, I have already gone to three years of schooling, and to quit now would be crazy! Second, the prophet has told us to get as much education as possible. While I don't think that College is the only way to gain education, I know that he would support me going to school. I'm not going to regret finishing school, but it's possible to regret leaving. I will most likely continue going to school next semester even though it's hard for me. I'm going to need to speak with my teachers to make sure that I pass all of my classes this semester. I just haven't really been there! haha, any suggestions would help if you've been in my shoes. :)

Everything else
I feel extremely blessed to have such an incredible wife, family, friends, and mentors. I only hope that I can use all of these blessings to be better serve others. To close, here's something written on the back of a coin that I carry with me everywhere. It says: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things i can, and wisdom to know the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment